Khalid Ali Alrubeaan
Name: DR. KHALID ALI AL-RUBEAAN
Date of Birth: February 13, 1956 (01 Rajab 1375 H)
Office: University Diabetes Center, King Saud University
Mobile: +966501422002 Fax. (+96611) 477 5696
E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: P.O. Box 18397, Riyadh 11415, Saudi Arabia
Current national appointment:
- Director of University Diabetes Center, King Saud University.
- Executive Director of the Strategic Center for Diabetes Research.
- Associate Professor of Medicine, College of Medicine, King Saud University.
- Consultant Endocrinologist, College of Medicine, King Saud University
- Head of Saudi National Diabetes Registry.
Current international appointments:
- Chairman of board of trustee and founder of Diabetes Science International Foundation, Basal, Switzerland.
- Editor-in-Chief: International Journal of Diabetes Mellitus, Published by Elsevier Ltd, since April 2009.
- Editor-in-Chief: مجلة السكري (Al-Sukhari Magazines), published by Diabetes Science International Foundation, Basal, Switzerland, since November 1997.
- Part-time WHO consultant: Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean region (EMRO), World Health Organization WHO, Cairo Egypt.
- Novo Nordisk Research Merit Award in Diabetes research for the year 2002.
- The Arabian Award for Diabetes Education 2001.
- Special Competence in Endocrinology and Metabolism, the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada, September 1989 .
- Fellow The Royal College of Physician of Canada, F.R.C.P.(C), The Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada, November 1988.
- Bachelor of Medicine, M.B.B.S. Medical College, King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, July 1980.
1. “A Mediator-less Electrochemical Glucose Sensing Procedure Employing the Leach-proof Covalent Binding of Enzyme to the Electrodes and Products Thereof”
International Application Number: PCT/SG2013/000175
International Filing Date: 3 May 2013
International Publication Number: WO2013/165318 A1
International Publication Date: 7th November 2013
2. “Wound dressing comprising of silver chitosan”
International Application number: PCT/1B2012/000780
International Filing Date: 19th April 2012
International Publication Number: WO 2012/143788 A1
International Publication Date: 26th October 2012
Fields of interest:
- Diabetes Mellitus in all its aspects (epidemiology, clinical, therapeutics…etc).
- Health education at the patient and community levels.
- Diabetes prevention research and applied programs.
- Biomedical, electronic and nano-science technology applications.
- Board Member of the Saudi Diabetes and Endocrinology Fellowship, Saudi Commission for health specialties.
- One of the founder and member of the Gulf Group for the Study of Diabetes (GGSD).
- Chairman, Diabetes Educator Course, University Diabetes Center, King Saud University.
- Co-Chairman, King Saud University Diabetic Foot Program, University Diabetes Center, King Saud University.
- Chairman, Diabetic Diet Course, University Diabetes Center, King Saud University.
- Member of the Saudi National Diabetes Committee, Ministry of Health.
- President of Pan Arab Group for the study of Endocrinology and Diabetes, (2003-2004).
- Organizer of Diabetes Course for the Primary care Physicians, (1997-2001).
- Head of Endocrine Unit, Medical College, King Saud University (1995-1998).
- Head of Pharmacy and therapeutic committee King Khalid University (1993-1997).
- Gulf Countries Commission for Diabetes Program, (1992-1994).
- Organizer of the final year, Medical Students Course (1989-1993).
- National Chronic Metabolic Survey: Prevalence of Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity and Hypercholesterolemia in Saudi Arabia,
Al- RUBEAAN KA, Al- NUAIM AR, AL -MAZROU Y, AL- ATTAS O, AL- DAGHARI N, KHOJA T. 1995 M.O.H. Press. Vol. 1 and 2.
- السكري من الالف الى الياء1422 هـ
“Diabetes from A to Z”
Contributing author 2002.
- مفاهيم يجب أن تصحح حول داء السكري 1429هـ
“Notions need to be corrected about diabetes mellitus”
AL-RUBEAAN KHALID, 2009.
- وقفات سكرية 1430هـ
“Deportments related to diabetes”
AL-RUBEAAN KHALID, 2010.
- توارث السكري 1435هـ
AL-RUBEAAN KHALID, 2014.
- مقامات سكرية 1437هـ
AL-RUBEAAN KHALID, 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) reports:
- “Implementing National Diabetes Programmers”,
Report of a WHO Meeting, Geneva 1995.
- “Guidelines for the Prevention, Management and Care of Diabetes Mellitus”, ISBN 978-92-9021-404-5, Series 32, 2006.
- “Report of the Regional Workshop on Planning for the Control and Prevention of Blindness Due to Diabetic Retinopathy”
Document WHO-EM/CPB/005/E/07.08/250, 2008.
1.Chapter: The epidemic of type 2 diabetes in the Arab world, Al-Rubeaan K, Page 189-198, DIABETES IN THE ARAB WORLD.
Abdulfattah Lakhdar, Geoffrey Gill; FSG Communications Ltd 2005.
2.Chapter: “New Candidate Obesity Genes, and Genetic Mapping of Obesity Related Genes” Al-Rubeaan Khalid. Vol. 2, Page 495-496, Encyclopedia of Obesity, Kathleen eller, SAGE Publications; 2008.
3.Chapter: “New Candidate Obesity Genes” Al-Rubeaan Khalid, Vol. 2, Page 495-496. Encyclopedia of Obesity, Kathleen eller, SAGE Publications; 2008
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Member of the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), life time membership.
- Member of the American Diabetes Association (ADA).
- Member of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD).
- Member of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
- International Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- Saudi Medical Journal.
- Annals of Saudi Medicine Journal.
- Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice.
- King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology Research Proposals.
- Toxicology and Industrial Health
· Journal of Biometrics & Biostatistics
- Journal of Bioinformatics and Biological Engineering (JBBE)
- Journal of Drug Metabolism & Toxicology
- Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journal
- Journal of Diabetes Research
- Scientific Reports
- The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering
- British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research
- International Journal of Chronic Diseases
- International Journal of Endocrinology
- The Scientific World Journal
- Libyan Journal of Medicine
- Lebanese Medical Journal
- Pain Medicine
- Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences
More than 100 published papers.